top of page

Declaring partners in government forms

Applicants for a partner visa (and their sponsors) should ensure that they declare their partner in all relevant government forms, including their tax returns. When completing an individual tax return there is a question asking whether you had a spouse during the relevant financial year. You should answer yes to this question if you are in a de facto or married relationship. You will then be asked to provide details of your spouse and their income.

The Department of Home Affairs may request evidence that you have each declared your partner in your tax return for each year of the claimed relationship. Even if this is not requested, you may provide this evidence in support of your application.

For further advice in relation to this and partner visa applications please contact us.

Featured Posts
Recent Posts
Search By Tags
Follow Us
  • LinkedIn - Black Circle
bottom of page