Assistance for Afghan nationals
The Department of Home Affairs has provided the following information for Afghan nationals trying to assist family and friends:
- People needing assistance in relation to their family members, or people within Afghanistan can contact the Australian Government 24-hour Consular Emergency Centre on +61 2 6261 3305.
- For information updates on the Australian Government response, please visit: Afghanistan update (homeaffairs.gov.au)
- For enquiries about a visa or citizenship application, please visit the Department of Home Affairs website - Refugee and humanitarian visa options (homeaffairs.gov.au)
- People having difficulty accessing communications to apply, can have another person apply on their behalf. Please visit the Department of Home Affairs website Refugee and humanitarian visa options (homeaffairs.gov.au), for information on how to apply.
- Information on the process for making an application for a visa is available on the Department of Home Affairs website:
- Refugee category visa - immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/refugee-200
- Special Humanitarian Program - immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/global-special-humanitarian-202